Highlights from an Arizona Daily Star article that encapsulates why the American citizenry should just say No!
- Trump is pushing the border wall for political reasons and to satisfy his base that constitutes less than 40% of the American population. Read the transcripts from his conversation with Mexico’s president HERE.
2. Border Patrol’s union doesn’t even support the wall’s expansion. From the National Border Patrol Council:
The NBPC disagrees with wasting taxpayer money on building fences and walls along the border as a means of curtailing illegal entries into the United States. However, as long as we continue to operate under the current NBPS and ignore the problem that is causing illegal immigration, we realize fences and walls are essential.
- Walls and fences are temporary solutions that focus on the symptom (illegal immigration) rather than the problem (employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens).
- Walls and fences are only a speed bump. People who want to come to the United States to obtain employment will continue to go over, under, and around the walls and fences that are constructed.
- Walls and fences will undoubtedly result in an increase in fraudulent documents and smuggling through the Ports of Entry.
- Walls and fences do not solve the issue of people entering the country legally and staying beyond the date they are required to leave the country, a problem which will undoubtedly increase as more walls and fences are constructed.
The NBPC position regarding walls and fences is not due to a concern of losing our jobs if fences and walls are built. On the contrary, the NBPC realizes that walls and fences require just as much manpower to protect them. Border Patrol Agents witness what happens to walls and fences when there are not enough Border Patrol agents to protect them.
3. And U.S. representatives from Texas to California do not support the wall. The consensus is the continuation of a border wall would be a waste of taxpayer money.
Just say NO!